Thursday, August 7, 2014

My Greatest Fear

If I didn't know you very well, and you asked me what my greatest fear was, I would say it was spiders. Because, let's be honest, they're creepy little things. But lately I've come to realize that my greatest fear isn't spiders, or tornados or heights, it's not belonging somewhere.
My family isn't the greatest family. In fact some days I hate them. I have my reasons. I'm not some rebellious teenage punk that just says that because they won't let me go to a concert. I am an 18 year old almost-college student that has had her trials and have seen how my family really is.
I don't belong with them. I almost don't really belong with anyone. What I really want is a group of friends that I can consider a family. And currently, I'm trying to squeeze my way in one.
This group of friends seem like they're a family. They have inside jokes and they can easily find time for one another. That's what I want. I've only out with them two times now, and we have a 3-day camping trip coming up.  I have a couple friends that I've been friends with for a couple years and that's my "way in" I suppose you can put it.
I hope this camping trip goes well. I just want to have a family of friends that I can feel at home with.

No comments:

Post a Comment